Stickies is a computerised version of the yellow sticky notes.
The design goal behind Stickies is that the program is small and simple. Stickies will not mess with your system files, or write to the registry. Stickies stores information in a single text-based ini file.
Stickies will never support animated dancing figures, or play "Greensleeves". They are instead yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
- Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
- Stickies can store text or images
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached to a web site, document or folder so they only show when it's on screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose